I debated whether I should post this data or not. For one, I had turned off ads on all my older games for most of April, and instead I was running ads for Neil Rajah. Also, Mobclix has been having trouble with reporting revenue numbers, so even now, I’m not sure if these numbers are final, or if they’re going to change. But ultimately I decided to post the data, because this is pretty much the only record I keep, so it helps me go back and cross-check the Mobclix invoices. Also, (and this is mostly vanity), maybe some of you are interested in how Neil Rajah is doing
I’ve changed the format of this table, because adding Neil Rajah created too many columns that messed with the formatting. So I’ve collapsed sCatter and Drippy into one data set. Those games have very low usage and earnings, and the only reason I track them is to have a cross-reference for Mobclix.
sCatter & Drippy
Total per Month
|Total per Game||$135.74||$896.86||$35.45||$1067.46|
A couple of things to mention:
- Ignore the impressions count for Neil Rajah. I fetch a new ad as soon as the old ad is hidden, so I’m basically fetching 2 ads for every level played. I’ve noticed that often, those end up fetching the same ad over and over again. So I’m basically wasting impressions. I’m changing the code to put a timer in, and only fetch an ad if the old ad gets hidden, and 30 seconds have elapsed since the last fetch, or something like that
- The clicks and revenue are what Mobclix is showing today. I had some clicks in March from my beta testers, and that paid about 2.5 cents per click. For April, I earned about 0.6 cents per click. Like I said, I’m hoping that this is a reporting error
- For the other games, I turned off ad refresh, since there’s no point refreshing the same ad. Also, the clicks are mostly on my house ad, so the revenue-per-click can’t be calculated from this data. I had ads turned off for about 3 weeks, so the revenue on the old games is from about a week’s worth of real ads
One sale for Bus Jumper, so Google owes me 63 cents. 2 sales on Amazon. My Amazon sales dropped like a rock after I got my first (and so far only) review, which was a 1-star. I know what I did wrong, I think the “Would you mind rating this app” link goes to the free app, so I failed to ask users of the paid app to rate it. My common code base has moved on quite a bit, and resurrecting Bus Jumper will be a non-trivial task (I tried to build it a few weeks back, and decided it wasn’t worth the effort).